My fashionistas, it’s the bank holiday weekend in the UK. So, when more than half of the Britons are holidaying somewhere in warmer destination, I thought to share a Look- Boho Chic, that is perfect for holidays, off-beat city hopping, or even in a luxurious cruise holiday in the Mediterranean or in the caribbean!
Boho is all about looking individual and natural. Earthy tones are best, with splashes of colors like orange, green, and magenta. Skirts, maxi dresses, harem pants and flowy shirts are good, but you don’t necessarily have to wear baggy clothes to be Boho.
When it comes to choosing the Shoes to create a boho chic look, it can vary depending on your preference. Flip-flops would be the obvious choice, but boots with legwarmers are also very chic. I was on a day out wandering around the city of Istanbul, so I had to opt for this comfy pair of flip-flops.
For hair, I insist upon little curve at the bottom instead of board straight hair. My natural hair is super straight. So I had to perm my hair and had the T-zone colored to create the Look. The idea is to make it appear natural. Naturally curly hair is good, or even a wavy texture will look great just like the one I did here. Braids and afros are also very Boho. It was a hot, sweaty day in Istanbul, so I had to half tie them with the help of this antique silver hair pin.
Accessorizing is probably the most important part to create the perfect Boho Chic Look. Boho chic is synonymous with “accessories galore”. This means plenty of bracelets, anklets, mix-and-match or antique necklaces, and dangling earrings. It doesn’t stop with jewelry, though. There’s headbands, hair pins or clips for your hair, and belts for your waist. The possibilities are endless. Just make sure they’re a noticeable part of your wardrobe. Jewelry can be as loud or as understated as you want with the boho look. Anything goes, really.
Try it, if you like it, drop me a line at the comment section as I like to hear what you have to say:)
1. Printed neon Harem pants from New Delhi, India
2. White vest with net detailing at the back from Forever 21
3. Beach wear hand made flip-flops made of straw is from Goa, India
4. Silver hair pin and anklet from Dilli Haat, New Delhi, India.
5. Silver beaded bracelet from street shops in Kolkata, India
6. Antique silver neck pice from Europe’s largest antique market Portobello Road, London
7. Peach handbag with attached printed chiffon bow from Primark
8. Aviator sunglass brown from Rayban
9. Jamaican printed bralet is nothing but my elasticated headband;)